Sunday, March 27, 2011

Auta i Lome, Rakuen entuluva!

Suilad Mellyn!

it is said that on the day of hiroshima, only one doctor was on duty at the hospital and some hours after the event, the americans called to see what was going on. (The nerve!) Allegedly this saint is supposed to have replied.

"now that my house has burned down, I can see the moon more clearly."

And that is why Alchemy was never the science of the masses. The price is too high, beyond me, soteigai.

"oiyedd, conetzin, me dijisted que hallareis boas albricias!" ML.

Supposedly this story has a happy ending. If you can get over episode 28 and 29, you'll get to 30. That is to say, the nobles loose. Utterly
- To break protocol and cite scripture: He has chosen the foolish things of this world to shame the wise, and the weak things of this world to shame the strong.

Thus was Lord Darcia defeated, by the very forces his grandfather foretold, utterly crushing the weak, (he didn't even have to shoot Toboe- Quent did that for him by accident.)

"You didnt' need those other loosers... you've lost everything."

"I've lost nothing."

Within this declaration lies all the alchemy of wolf's rain. Within it lies the entirety of its truth, and the entirety of all the delusional world around you. For Kiba was indeed entirely wretched, and empty, even as Lord Darcia was himself wretched and wounded. Where the other three wolves could dream under Cheza's watch, Kiba could only fidget in his nightmare search for a paradise he could never envision, and stare speechless at Toboe as he described his dreams of a place Kiba could not imagine.

For at the end he declares to his adversary that only now can he open a real paradise, one that has meaning for it bears his friends, a transformation not only of himself, but of Tsume, and the redemption of Hige, the ransom of Blue, and the hope of reunion with the only one who shared his faith, indeed one greater than his own.


"Operation Tomodachi"

Kiba never knew what he was looking for, always searching for something he could not imagine. Toboe knew from day one. But the question is do you know? For the world around you is no different. It only looks different. It only looks like a mess. It is a mess, but that is not its nature.

The nobles would have you believe that they are invincible, that there can be no hope. That it is futile, That there is nothing you can do. It has been this way for centuries. But it is illusion, for nature surrounds us with an unseen love and compassion that we can scarcely imagine whilst we are deluded by our tears, and if we but saw it, could not exlpain it. For our houses have burned down, yet now we see the moon.

Why are we here, where have we come from? And where the f-k are we going? A rakuenno, mellynelyi! For we are all like Kiba, desperate for something that is impossible, terrified and dismayed by what is completely out of reach, and absurd goal and beyond all reason. when of course all that is required is to be more like the runt, to be the foolish and weak but insistent voice of Toboe that says "I choose paradise, mercy, compassion and grace in spite of all reason, despair or sorrow and pain. For to lick your wounds is for me my greatest joy, and to bear up your brokenness is my greatest honor, strike me and I will show compassion, flee from me and I will seek your return, insult my heart and I will still keep you in my heart nor be dismayed. For I am not deluded, nor naive, nor has an ocean of tears changed my heart or my nature. Seek me on cloud 9 whenever... I will be waiting for you."


Good gracious! Ellie, they'll think I wrote it. So are we still going to get to the alchemy part? Or will we run out of time first? -ML

Program notes: Auta i Lome, Aure entuluva. "THE Darkness passes, dawn is comming." The last battle cry of Hurin, the last survivor, uttered to his enemies as he went down to defeat in the battle of unnumbered tears.